Blogging

Beware of the Schedule Nightmare and Writing Stuff Down!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

One of my 2016 personal goals was to start a blog... Which I did in January!!  So here we are in May and I've done 11 posts... HOW EXTREMELY SAD.

One of my financial goals in 2016 was getting 5 new clients... and if I had spent as much time on my blog as getting new clients I would have had 50 posts up by now, as I have now passed double my goal with new clients who are taking up ALL of my time!! 

I did, however, decide I am a determined to make this work and I WILL!!

WHAT MAKES A BLOG SUCCESSFUL?

A plan, consistency AND SOME MORE PLANNING... 

So I headed to my favourite place for ideas and inspiration PINTEREST!! (to be honest, without this amazing invention of a website my life would be incomplete!)

It doesn't matter if you blog every day or once a month as long as your posts stay consistent.  I regularly find myself sitting and thinking of so many things I can blog about but I do think it would be crazy weird to write about Christmas Table Ideas in February.  When it is finally time to blog about Christmas I have forgotten all the great ideas I had throughout the year.

WRITE STUFF DOWN!!

I found an amazing FREE app (there is a premium optionEvernote for writing stuff down plus it lets you sync your phone with your computer so when you are lying on the beach and have a great idea for a blog post you can just use the app on your phone and it will be on your computer before you press the power button.

GET A BLOG PLANNING KIT...

and your blogging life will be so much easier! 

If you are anything like me and feel more comfortable with writing on paper instead of a computer screen you will love this Free Printable Blog Planner Kit download from Designer Blogs

"The pages included will help you brainstorm post ideas, plan your weekly posts, set yearly & monthly goals, track yearly & monthly stats, keep track of affiliates, Facebook advertising, finances, usernames & passwords, giveaways, etc."


DON'T PRESS PUBLISH NOW!! 

Blogging is supposed to be fun, not stressful! Use the Scheduling Feature, that's what it's there for! In order to stay consistent with your posts use the schedule feature in your blog app.  On Blogger it so easy to schedule posts - Just go to Schedule choose a date and time and there you go.


"Sit back, relax and enjoy a glass of wine - you deserve it." I said to myself.
Did you enjoy this post? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.  I would love to hear from you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE



Like us on Facebook